Save on prints
Getting a good price on prints can be a lifesaver when it comes to budgeting. Many people focus solely on getting a good price on the price of the copier that they can miss opportunities to save money elsewhere. Saving on print is one the biggest places that people lose money, but it doesn’t have to be that way if you know what you are doing.
When it comes to prints you should understand a few things.
- Copier leasing companies will always want you to get more than you need
- Unused prints do not rollover to the following month
- Adding additional prints if you run out in a month will cost you a little extra.
Copier leasing companies like to always try to get you to get more than you need. If you want 25,000 prints they may suggest 30,000 “just to be safe.” They may suggest that getting more for a good price is better than having to pay extra if you run out. However, this is usually not the case.
- You calculate your monthly output and decide that you need 25,000 prints.
- The salesperson might suggest that you buy 30,000 prints, just in case. They offer to knock the price down from $.o15 per print to $.014 per print.
- It may sound like a good deal because you are paying less per print but you are still paying more.
25,000 prints x $.015 per print = $375 per year
30,000 prints x $.014 per print = $420 per year
Don’t buy more than you need to. You will not be able to save prints for another month so anything that you don’t use is just wasted money.