If you have a color printer then you need to make sure it’s performing to the best of its abilities. You need to make sure that you are getting the brightest, boldest colors possible. However, most people don’t take the proper steps to make sure your printer is giving you its best. At Copier Boise we want to make sure you are getting the most out of your machine.
Follow these steps when printing full color prints for the best performance.
- Set your print resolution. Make sure that it is as high as it can go. Most printers have settings that go as high as 1800 x 600 dpi, or even 2400 x 1200. More dpi means better pictures.
- Set your print driver. Make sure you change from the text setting to the photo setting. This will prepare your printer for a bolder image.
- Set print drive to full color. This will open a new range of colors available.
- Use Adobe PostScript print drive. Your greens, blues, and reds will be changed into cyan, magenta, yellow, and black values. This will create a fully color spectrum.
- Check your digital format. Jpeg, PDF, and PNG will create better images than TIFF or Bitmap photo.
If you follow these steps then your multifunction device will give you the best color possible. You may be shocked by how much better your prints look. Just remember, priming the device for success will give you the best result. Don’t assume the machine knows what you are trying to do. If you follow the proper steps then you can get amazing results.